Have you found the food of your baby becomes too runny whenever you make it at home? Most of the mother out there prefers to make the food of their baby with their own hands to ensure clean and healthy preparation. I am bit sure many of them find their fresh baby food to be too thin and liquid. Not only this but most of the times food if stored in the refrigerator tends to become even runnier.
There is a particular time when the babies want to have more textures in their food and also it is necessary as well as soon as the baby undergoes development. Therefore, if you are also looking for ways using which you can thicken the puree of your baby food a little more. Then keep reading along.
Learn How to Make Baby Food Thicker
Thickening the baby food is not a complicated process at all; in fact, it is much easier and straightforward. There are a variety of foods which you can use to increase the texture in the diet of your baby. It doesn’t matter whether you do the process after or before freezing that is entirely your preference.
There is no particular or assured way to thicken the runny baby puree. But here, according to me, I would suggest thickening the baby food after it has been thawed. It works the best most of the times in many cases. And it is the fact that the thawed kid’s meal intends to be runnier then it was before getting freeze. Do you know why it happens; well, it is because the process of freezing tends to change the cellular structure of several foods that are used to prepare a portion of baby food.
Fruits and vegetables that tend to become runny
Many fruits and vegetables are used to prepare the purees for your babies. There are many of them out there that tend to become thin and runny in texture. Some of the most common items in that particular category are Mango, eggplant, peaches, plums, pears, papaya, summer squash, zucchini, melons, and blueberries.
Reasons behind the need to thicken the baby food purees
- The main reason that strengthens the point of making the food purees is that the most of the mothers slowly want to introduce a little more textures in the foods of their baby to make him gentler towards the type of food texture. It will help the babies to adapt to the natural texture of food very comfortably as we eat.
- Another reason is that if your baby knows to use the spoon and feed themselves by their own, then it is better to have the consistency of the purees a little bit thick making it cling to the spoon and allowing the kids to get the food in their mouths. Also, there will be less frustration for your kid to manage with the thick purees rather than the runny ones.
Now that we have already discussed every single detail about the thickening of the baby’s food, the only thing that is left is considering the list of ingredients that can be used to thicken the meal of your little creature in your house.
Things through which you can make the texture of the baby’s food a little bit rich
There is a list of ingredients that you can use to make your babies food thick. Also, as a mother, you may be worried about the unusual kinds of stuff but no need to worry because here we are only adding natural ingredients that you can add to the baby’s food. Some of these ingredients are reiterated below for you to have a look at:
- Mashed potato: you can use any potato you want to, but my recommendation is to make the use of the sweet potato if you’re going to add more nutrition to the baby’s food. If you are interested in knowing why you can read about it here.
- Pureed lentils or you can even use the beans: These are one of the best ingredients if you want to give your kid a dose of protein as the lentils and the beans are rich in protein.
- Wheat germ: Wheat germ is one of the most uncomplicated ingredients to add in the meal of your baby but before, taking it into use make sure to contact a pediatrician. It is because it contains gluten, and it may be allergic to some child.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best choice to introduce into the meal of baby as it contains a right amount of nutrients like protein, vitamin, and calcium in it that are necessary for your child’s growth. Also, it tends to thicken the food so that it won’t be runny anymore.
- Cooked oatmeal or barley: Oatmeal is an excellent source of nutrients that the babies need in the development stages of the kids. On the other hand, if we consider barley, then it is one of the most versatile food ingredients that you can also use to make the consistency of your kid’s meal thicker.
- Well, cooked egg: Eggs are also a good source of protein that tends to thicken the baby’s meal. But here make sure that you prepare the egg properly.
Try to mix the ingredient as mentioned above in the kid’s food to make the food thick as well healthy. You can also make the use of cottage cheese. If you are worried if cottage cheese can be provided to kids or not then no need to worry as they are safe, also I have discussed their pros and cons here.
That’s all for the ingredients that you can use to thicken the baby meals to proper consistency. Apart from all the above, you can also add grated raw potato to the puree and when you are cooking the stuff stir it 10-15 minutes prior finishing.
So, now you don’t need to worry about how to make baby food thicker as you have got a decent number of options for the particular purpose. Hence the problem of the runny and thin consistency is solved for the lovable mothers out there. Make the meal of your kid thicker using our mentioned products and give it a blast of nutrients and minerals as an advantage also.